Welcome to Kitpuppies! Kit is a beautiful, hilarious, sweet and loving Standard Schnauzer and she is pregnant with her second litter. Watch as Kit's belly expands! Explore Kit's pregnancy, whelping and raising of her pups! Follow Kit's pups as they grow, play, have adventures, and leave for their new homes!

Friday, April 07, 2006

The pups are happily nursing & Kit is eating vanilla ice cream mixed with egg yolk. The protein and milk are great for her milk production and she loves the flavor of vanilla so this encourages her to eat. I wonder if the pups will notice a slight vanilla flavor in their milk tomorrow.

I have just returned from an out of town work conference and David has done a nice job caring for Kit and pups in my absence. The pups are bigger and seem plump and more confident with their world and routine. Kit is just today interested in being away from the whelping box for brief bouts of socializing with the other dogs and visiting with us on the couch. While I was patting the pups, Kit would go and socialize, then come back to check that we were okay (I think she thought that the "babysitter"--me--had *finally* arrived so she could take a break!), then immediately go back to socializing.

I will take some time tomorrow and post photos from this past week so you can see more of the pups' early days.